A Tedious And Dull Affair
‘U/A’Certified, 2 hrs 21 mins
What is the film about?
Arjun (Naga Chaitanya) loves his parents and family very much. What happens when an unknown force shakes his small happiness filled world?
How is Naga Chaitanya’s performance?
By now the character that Naga Chaitanya has portrayed in Yuddham Sharanam is becoming a staple diet for him. He has done the same role in previous films as well. He is fine but everything gives been there done that vibe. There are a few scenes where he shines but even those lack freshness.
Direction By Krishna Marimuthu?
Director Krishna RV Marimuthu has taken a predictable premise for his debut. What is even more troublesome for such a routine story is narration that lacks any surprise.
Right from the beginning till the very end we know what is going to happen. Even the Drone aspect is very obvious. The only way to make this work is solid performance and that is where Rao Ramesh, Revathi, and Srikanth shine. They engage the viewers in whatever capacity they can. But they have got only so much to do. Overall, Yuddham Sharanam fails on narrative level big time. It is a big boring watch, in the end.
Lavanya Tripathi and others?
Lavanya Tripathi gets a lovely character but it has nothing else besides looking lovely in a homely way. It is the three character actors Rao Ramesh, Revathi, and Srikanth who shine the most. Rao Ramesh and Revathi as a pair are lovely. They show a matured and understated chemistry that can’t be seen in the main lead pair. Srikanth on the other hand, is terrific. He gives a chilling performance and emanates an amazing screen presence. However, his character feels one dimensional as it progresses. Priyadarshi is wasted. The rest don’t register.
Music and other departments?
Music by Vivek Sagar is good. But it is the background score where a mark is felt. It is superb. The cinematography is fine. Editing could have been better. Dialogues are another aspect where the movie scores.
With such a powerful villain character at hand, more effort should have been put in developing a strong hero and villain dynamic.
Did I enjoy it?
Will you recommend it?
Yuddham Sharanam Review by Siddartha Toleti
Yuddham Sharanam second half is a big let down. The total second half runs on a serious note but does not offer any thrills adding to the routine weak plot. Visit back for our frank review soon.
– The way Arjun (Chai) takes revenge/kills Naayak is very routine and cinematic. Movie ends.
– Movie heavily promoted as new age drama using Drones, Tech etc offers nothing fresh in terms of new age making.
– Srikanth looks good but his role should been written well, though he did well overall impact is missing for sure.
– Murali Sharma (Cop) trying to book Arjun for blasts looks unconvincing though he quickly shifts from his idea.
– Lavanya Tripathi has got almost no presence in the second half. Upcoming comedian Priyadarshi Pullikonda too completely wasted with no proper characterization.
– Arjun saving his family from Naayak gang episode could have been more thrilling. The movie runs on a very serious tone starting from the second half.
– Naayak (Srikanth) is trying to kill Arjun (Chai) and his family to bury his identity behind the bomb blasts.
– Chai is now trying to find out the mystery behind his parent’s suspicious deaths.
First Half Report:
Yuddham Sharanam first half is about a normal guy Arjun losing his loving parents. The first half offers no twists and turns including the interval bang, yet a decent watch so far due to Revathi and Rao Ramesh performances.
– [Spoiler Alert]. Chai comes to know the death of his parents. His other family members file a suspicious death case. Naayak (Srikanth) who planted the bombs wants to finish off Chai and his family members. Interval.
– Srikanth get up looks good as a villain but has very limited screen presence in the first half.
– Arjun (Chai) saves a life, sends blood using his Drone for delivery. The story is going on showing Arjun’s love story and his family bonding.
– Couple of Rao Ramesh dialogues have been well written – “Thandri ki unna oke oka Entertainment kodukuni thittadam”
“Nee mammakam vadiki dairyanni isthe naa meeda kopam gelavalanna Kasi istundi”
– Chai (Arjun) experiments with Drone making. Chai falls in love with Lavanya Tripathi. Story shifts between past and current.
– Naga Chaitanya goes down the memory lane. Flash back time.
– Worried Naga Chaitanya is in search of his parents (Rao Ramesh and Revathi) in the city after the bomb blast.
– Yuddham Sharanam show started with senior actor Vinod Kumar planning a terrorist attack in the city to divert the attention from his land scam issue.
Yuddham Sharanam US Premier Live updates will begin from 3.30 AM IST.
Preview: Yuddham Sharanam
|4||Sahasam Swasaga||$304 K|
|5||100% Love||$262 K|
The title of the film is, no doubt, interesting and the makers of ‘Yuddham Sharanam‘ are continuously exuding confidence because audiences are appreciating new-age themes with a novel concept. The buzz on the movie is not so high, though.
This is Naga Chaitanya’s movie coming after a decent hit like ‘Rarandoi Veduka Chudham’. Prior to that ‘Sahasam Swasaga’ was a washout after a big hit like ‘Premam’. This shows the inconsistency of the actor’s performance at the box-office.
In this phase of his career when consistency has become a bigger issue in his career, Naga Chaitanya is coming with a genre which can’t be categorized. It’s said to be an action-thriller movie with family entertainment imbibed into the narrative. The latest promos ensure us that the movie might have elements that would pull family audiences to theatres.
Krishna Marimuthu had been an assistant director for a couple of Tamil movies and he is making his directorial debut with ‘Yuddham Sharanam’. Not much is known about the director’s style except the fact that he had been Naga Chaitanya’s schoolmate and also a friend.
Besides the lead actors, seasoned actors aka Revathi, Rao Ramesh and Srikanth seem to have strong and interesting characterizations by the virtue of the latest promos we have watched. Rao Ramesh and Revathi’s love angle looks like a breather.
The actual show stealer by the virtue of the trailer is Srikanth. After many years, Srikanth will be seen in a negative role as a cut throat criminal. His styling, looks and the overall makeover make us hope for an intense role for the talented senior actor who can deliver the panorama of emotions with ease.
It would be unfair to overlook the production house. Sai Korrapati is producing the movie under his ‘Vaaraahi Chalanachitram’, a reputed banner which doles out different movies with under current family values. So, we are tempted to believe that this movie is going to fare well despite the low buzz.
Average music album by Vivek Sagar with melody dominating the tunes may appeal good with visuals, a young director Krishna Marimuthu at the helm of the things, a reputed banner Vaaraahi Chalanachitram and of course, seasoned character artists with strong characterizations may turn out to be a boon for Naga Chaitanya and erase the inconsistency issues.
These days, new age dramas are working well at the box-office and we strongly hope that this movie would also turn into another different film to shine at the box-office. It’s a matter of a few more minutes, we’ll get to know if Naga Chaitanya and Lavanya Tripathi starrer could do that magic. Wait for the genuine Yuddham Sharanam review from the mirchi9 team. Stay tuned, folks.
US Box Office:
Yuddham Sharanam Thursday reported gross is $33,435. This is very poor. Total premiers and first day figures will be out on Saturday. It’s a clear indication which way film is heading in US.
Interested to write for us? Get in touch with us at [email protected] with a sample article.