Clean And Clear Dussehra Winner
‘U/A’ Certified, 2 hrs 31 mins
What is the film Mahanubhavudu about?
The film is simply about a guy Anand (Sharwanand) who suffers from extreme OCD. How he falls in love and wins it is what the film is all about?
How is Sharwanand’s performance?
Sharwanand has once again got an author-backed role and he delivers big time. Be it comic timing or emotional performance, he is superb. The performance before the interval is excellent. Overall, it is a performance that will win him laurels and more fans.
Direction By Maruthi?
Director Maruthi has once again picked up an interesting setting for the film. Basically it is all about the hero characterization. If Kotha Janta was about hero being selfish, in Bhale Bhale Magadivoyi it’s forgetfulness. The director missed the trick with his last film Babu Bangaram. But now he is back with bang as Mahanubhavudu delivers.
The OCD character of hero has been very well developed and the humor that is generated with it is absolutely fresh. It is this fresh entertainment that works the magic. The first half neatly establishes all the problems and conflicts between main characters. There is a proper build up towards the interval and it is superbly executed with an amazing performance by Sharwanand.
The second half continues the entertainment and never leaves the grip on audience attention. There is a predictable story as expected but the engaging narration makes up for it. The OCD feels repetitive and there are times where it feels the scenes were reverse engineered to fit the character but the entertainment never stops. The lag comes in the form of songs even though they are good. The climax is clichéd but the emotions nonetheless work. Overall, Mahanubhavudu is highly entertaining with a fresh approach and that makes it a winner.
Mehreen Kaur Pirzada and others?
Mehreen is given a good character but she is mostly one dimension. She has a lovely onscreen presence though. Nassar is reliable and delivers the required. He provides the emotional anchor. Venu shines in the few scenes he has got. Vennela Kishore feels underutilized initially but he comes into form in second half. Bhadram is alright. The rest of the supporting cast has limited screen time but they all work together as a whole.
Music and other departments?
Music by SS Thaman is good. The background score is even better. It would definitely be one among his career best efforts. The cinematography is neat except for brief shaky frames at times. Editing is sharp. Dialogues are perfect for the concept.
Songs Slow Down Narrative
Parts of second half
The only alternative take here would be a Tamil style approach where the whole concept is turned into a whacky comedy with a realistic ending.
Did I enjoy it?
Will you recommend it?
Mahanubhavudu Review by Siddartha Toleti
Mahanubhavudu is a decent watch overall with good entertainment. Fresh script and comedy integrated in the script works for the most part. Visit back for our frank review shortly.
– Climax is bit lengthy. Movie comes to an end. Final report soon.
– Neelo Dammundi… Akkada Dummundi. Few dialogues will leave the audience in splits for their timing.
– Mehreen as Meghna is good but there is nothing much to talk about her performance in spite of a good screen presence in the movie.
– Thaman’s work especially the BGM is very good, worked out so well to make the movie entertaining.
– Anand’s drinking scene where he gets caught by Meghna for his lose talk reminds Mahesh’s popular scene from Dookudu.
– Cleanliness-obsessed Anand is forced to move to Meghna’s village to convince her. OCD Anand’s struggles started with villagers. Anand taking bath in Cheruvu (pond in a village) will leave audience in splits. This scene will work big in B and C centers.
– Anand’s love with Meghna ran into trouble due to his obsession for cleanliness.
First Half Report:
Mahanubhavudu first half works for it’s situational comedy. Very good production values and freshness in script that comes with situational comedy makes it an entertaining watch. Overall it’s a decent first half. Interval twist is interesting as well. Stay tuned for final report.
– Third song “Kiss me baby” shot well with stylish choreography.
– Anand (Sharwa) meeting Meghna’s father Nasser is hilarious.
– Love track is on. Anand is yet to propose his love. Second song “Mahanubhavudivera” too shot very decent.
– First song Rendu Kallu shot well in pleasant and beautiful locals.
– Anand bumps into Meghna (Mehreen Pirzada) who is equally interested in cleanliness. Anand falls in love quickly.
– Cleanliness-obsessed Anand struggles with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD).
– Mahanubhavudu show started with a hospital scene where Ananad (Sharwanand) is on the stretcher taking us to his flashback.
Mahanubhavudu US Premier Live updates will begin from 5.30 AM IST.
There is a saying, ‘All is well that ends well.” The overall proceedings of ‘Mahanubhavudu‘, right from the teaser to the trailer gave positive vibes and generated good interest to pull crowds to the theatres. The concept is entertaining.
As a performer, Sharwanand always scored brownie points whether it is a blockbuster movie like ‘Shatamanam Bhavati’ or a flop movie like his last release ‘Radha’. Though Radha’ didn’t work, it didn’t create any impact on Sharwanand.
However, another super hit movie to his credit would be like a feather in his cap and will also raise the box-office prospects of his future projects. No doubt, Sharwa is impressive in the trailers as the person who is extremely obsessed with cleanliness (OCD).
‘Bhale Bhale Magadivoy’ was a surprise blockbuster for director Maruti who used to have a particular brand for using the cheap and vulgar content. BBM erased this brand and gave him a clean image and also brought him an offer with one of the big heroes of Tollywood, i.e., Venkatesh.
But, ‘Babu Bangaram’ with Venkatesh was a disaster and hence, ‘Mahanubhavudu‘ is a critical film for the director at this point. This film might make him come back to the success streak. Will it be another BBM in the director’s career?
Coming to the music of the film, Thaman delivered an interesting album with songs that gave a good feeling and two songs stood out, especially. When the music of the two biggies ‘Jai lava Kusa’ and ‘SPYder’ received mixed responses as the audios were not that great, ‘Mahanubhavudu’ songs were received well.
Adding all the above-mentioned factors, even an above average talk on ‘Mahanubhavudu’ will spread the word of mouth and help the makers to reap rich benefits this festival season. Let’s see if Maruti passes the test and comes out clean, even this time.
Pun intended: How clean is this movie which is made on the concept of the hero’s obsession to cleanliness?
Wait for our authentic Mahanubhavudu review from our mirchi9 team. Stay tuned. We’ll be back, very soon.
Mahanubhavudu US Premier collection: Mahanubhavudu has collected $85,581 from 100 locations. This is a very decent start for a small film like Mahanubhavudu.
[Latest collected updated]
Interested to write for us? Get in touch with us at [email protected] with a sample article.