Mirchi9.com (“Mirchi9”, “we”, “us”, “our”) is a one-stop website dedicated to and having a prime focus on Telugu Cinema. At Mirchi9, we provide regular updates about movie announcements, latest releases, movie reviews, and other media events.
Mirchi9 is committed to protecting your privacy and the security of your personal information. This Privacy Statement and Policy applies to our Website, Platform, and Application, as well as any other services we provide to our Users (“you”, “your”) and details how we treat personal information on the Website where it is stored. The Policy describes the types of information we collect from you and other users of the Services and our practices for collecting, using, transferring, and securing that information. You agree to be bound by this Policy by using this Website or any of our services.
Personal Data collected by us
We collect certain information related to your device when you visit our Website, such as the following;
- Your IP Address;
- The pages that you see on our Website;
- Whether you directly visited our Website or were referred by a third-party website;
- The time at which you accessed our Website;
- Your browsing activity;
- Your location (subject to you allowing us the access); and
- Configuration of your device to ensure that you get the best user experience of our Website.
As is the case with the majority of standard Web site servers, we utilize log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and the number of clicks. This information is used to analyse trends, administer the site, track user movement in the aggregate, and compile broad demographic information for aggregate use.
Our right to collect this information
- We use aggregated information from certain submissions to create statistical and demographic profiles for our business and marketing activities. We may disclose such information about you if it is aggregated and cannot be used or interpreted in such a way as to identify you;
- To administer our relationship with you;
- To improve the user experience on our Website by ensuring that you have access to personalized content based on your interests;
- Analyse user use and optimize our services;
- Compile statistical and demographic information about you to conduct business and marketing activities and tailor our Services to your specific needs. While we are free to use such information about you for our internal business purposes, we will only disclose it in an unaggregated form that cannot be used or interpreted to identify you;
- Monitor your use of our service to ensure it remains lawful and complies with our internal policies;
- To maintain the security of our Website and to prevent it from being hacked or victimized by fraud;
- To provide you with the best user experience of our services; and
- To inform you about our latest releases and send you marketing material. You may opt-out from receiving updated and marketing materials by contacting us on the contact information stipulated below.
We use the following types of cookies:
- Cookies from social media platforms: These cookies enable you to interact with content on specific social media platforms, for example, by “liking” our articles. Depending on your social media settings, the social media network will retain a record of this action. It may display your name or other identifiers in connection with it.
- Cookies for advertising and targeted advertising: These cookies track your browsing habits and geographic location to deliver advertising that is relevant to your interests.
- Essential Cookies: these cookies are necessary for the basic functioning of our Website.
- Functionality cookies: these cookies enable us to remember your preferences and personalize your experience of using our Website.
- Cookies for analytics and performance: These cookies enable us to collect statistical and analytical data about how our Website is used.
Control of Browser Cookies: Browser cookies can be managed via the browser’s settings. The ‘Help’ menu on most browsers will explain how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when a new cookie is received, how to block cookies, and when cookies expire. Neither third parties nor we will transfer cookies to your browser if you disable cookies in it. However, if you do this, you may need to manually adjust some preferences each time you visit our Website. Certain features and services may be inoperable.
For further information regarding cookies and how to manage them, please see http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
How do we share your information?
We may share your information with:
- Service Providers including our agents, consultants, contractors, employees who perform certain business-related functions on our behalf, such as research and analytics, website hosting, transaction fulfilment, payment, database maintenance, contest, sweepstakes, and promotion administration, fraud prevention, technology services and platforms, identity management, and acquisition and conversion services.
Social Media: Certain features of our Services may be shared on your social media accounts. For instance, if you click on an Instagram “like” button on a
- Service, the “like” may be displayed on your Instagram profile. To exercise control over this information sharing, please review the privacy policies of the relevant social networks.
- Law Enforcement Agencies, Regulators, Content Protection Organizations, Anti-fraud Coalitions and other groups to:
- protect our legal rights, privacy or safety, and that of our Affiliates, our employees, agents, contractors, or other individuals;
- protect the safety and security of visitors to our Services or other properties;
- protect against fraud or other illegal activity or for risk management purposes;
- respond to inquiries or requests from government, regulatory, law enforcement, or public authorities;
- permit us to pursue available remedies, commence, participate in, or defend litigation, or limit the damages that we may sustain;
- comply with the law, including with search warrants, court orders, and other legal process;
What are your rights?
During the course of your engagement with us or at any time after that, you shall have the right to;
- Access your personal data that we hold about you in a portable format;
- Withdraw your consent when it is the legal basis for collection of data;
- Request correction or rectification of any personal data that we have collected;
- Receive the copy of your personal data in electronic format;
- Right to request the deletion of your personal data, also known as “The Right to be forgotten”,; and
- Receive information from Us regarding Our activities relating to your personal data, such as the purposes for collection and storage, the duration of storage, the collection methods, the presence of automated processing.
If, during our engagement, you wish to exercise the aforementioned rights by connecting with us via the contact information detailed below.
Kindly keep in mind that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such third-party websites. Our users are encouraged to be aware when they leave our site and read each Website’s privacy statements that collect personally identifiable information. This privacy statement only applies to data collected by this Website.
Security of your personal information
We take all necessary technological, organizational, and technical safeguards to protect your personal data.
We employ measures such as data encryption to ensure an adequate level of security against the risk. Certain data is stored in a way that cannot be used to identify you directly. Your password is securely encrypted and hashed. Your personal information is encrypted and stored on a secure server. Access to our servers and personal data is strictly regulated and limited to a small number of individuals. However, it is nearly impossible to guarantee complete security against the risks associated with data transmission over the internet in today’s world. As a result, we will not be liable in the event of a data breach. However, in the event of a personal data breach, please be assured that we will take all reasonable steps in a timely and appropriate manner to avoid any material or non-material harm to data subjects.
If you have any questions or queries related to this Website, please feel free to address them to us on [email protected]