Swaminathan Committee formed to decided the division of employees between Andhra Pradesh and Telangana state had issued the guidelines for the division. The committee had a meeting with both the state Chief Secretaries and later published the guidelines in the website. Here are those:
1. All the employees will have the right to option.
2. Option once exercised can not be changed
3. The 7 years education clause according to article 371D of constitution will be the basis for deciding nativity.
4. Married Couples and Single Women will be given priority in the options.
5. No options to those retiring in 1-2 years.