Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandra Babu Naidu has brought back his former IT advisor Ghanta Subbarao to his current team. Ghanta was the brain behind the Jawahar Knowledge Center in 2003 which aims at improving the technical knowledge and soft skills of the educated youth and increase their employability. He is now brought back to the truncated state and is made the managing director and chief executive officer of the Andhra Pradesh State Skill Development Corporation (APSSDC).

Chandra Babu is of the opinion that under the current system, there is a skill gap between the educated youth and the industry requirement, the corporation under the leadership of Ghanta Subbarao would work to equip the youth with necessary skill. APSSDC will be made a ‘not for profit’ company working on public private partnership with the Andhra Pradesh government holding 49% share and National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) and the Industry will hold the remaining 51%.