Looks like the troubles entangling Viswaroopam are not going to clear any soon. After the DTH Release issue, now few islamic groups are complaining that the movie is showing Muslims in bad light and is disturbing the communal harmony in the society. M H Jawahirullah, MLA and President, Tamil Nadu Muslim Munnetra Kazhagam, said representatives of various Muslim organisations met the City Police Commissioner S George on Tuesday demanding that the screening of the movie be banned. Kamal had even offered to have a special screening of the movie to them but all his efforts went in vain.
And now yielding to the pressure of the Islamic groups, The Tamil Nadu Government had asked the makers of Viswaroopam to defer their movie release by 15 days. Government will appoint a committee to review the movie and decide up on the objections. All the district collectors in Tamil Nadu reportedly were asked not to allow the movie screening in these 15 days.
Tweet Updates on this issue:
- Red Giant Movies Tweeted – Stay Cool ! Talks are going on! We may get a favorable decision from TN Govt within tonight.
- Red Giant has got Salem area distribution rights.
- Kolly Buzz: Vishwaroopam’s overseas hard drives have already been received by overseas distributors, however the Key will be provided by Qube from India.
- Vishwaroopam not releasing in #UAE
- Good chance to lift the ban..hoping for an official announcement very soon